[Buying Guide] Best Motherboard for Gaming
Hello guys in this blog we review 5 best motherboard for gaming, that you can buy right now. I’ve listed them based on performance, features, and price, I made this list based on my personal opinion and hours of research. I’ve included options for every type of consumer so whether you’re looking for a budget gaming motherboard with some solid features or high-performance gaming motherboard that you can overlook, we’ll have the product for you.
The 5 Best Motherboard for Gaming
- Gigabyte B450M DS3H-
- Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra –
- ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
- Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
1. Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Best AMD Motherboard)
Gigabyte B450M DS3H this is our best budget AMD gaming motherboard. If you’re building a budget PC looking for a gaming motherboard, that will work great with your AMD CPU then the Gigabyte B450M DS3H is a solid and affordable option for you.
- Gigabyte B450M DS3H currently priced at $73 dollars.
- The Gigabyte B450M DS3H has all the functionality of the best motherboard, you’d want at an affordable price tag with solid construction and some decent connectivity.
- Starting with the basics, the Gigabyte B450M DS3H works best if you have an AMD, (first or second generation Rison processor) and can support AMD Radeon Vega graphics processors as well.
- You’ll like that it’s got the space for four sticks of DDR4 Ram and a couple of slots for endpoint two SSD devices, which are great for fast data transfer of up to 32 gigabytes per second.
- Despite its price you’ll find the motherboard features two separate slots for video cards, so you can start with your budget build and upgrade your card later while keeping the old GPU as a supporting card for extra power.
- It also has both a DVI-D port and an HDMI port, so you’ve got your choice of monitors or you could even use multiple displays.
- It doesn’t have Wi-Fi but it’s got industry-leading land static and surge protection, so you can use your wired connection with confidence.
- But if you’re looking to use an Intel CPU instead of AMD you’ll want to check out the gigabyte 7390 Oris ultra coming up next.
FEATURES OF Gigabyte B450M DS3H
- Works with AMD rise in 2000 series processors.
- Six USB 3.1 ports, eight USB 2.0 ports, DVID and HDMI ports 4 DDR4 Ram slots, 8 channel HD audio and 2 end point 2 slots with one heatsink.
PROS OF Gigabite B450M DS3H
- Great price for a budget gaming motherboard with this many features
- Handles upgrades well perfect for entry-level builds.
- Built in surge protection and plated power connectors increase longevity.
CONS OF Gigabyte B450M DS3H
- Relies entirely on your systems passive cooling so overclock with caution.
If you’re creating your first budget build PC and you want a motherboard that goes well with your AMD rise in CPU, then the Gigabyte B450M DS3H is a great fit with solid standard features that every budget gaming PC needs.
2. Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming (Best Intel Motherboard)
Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming – this is our best mid-range Intel gaming motherboard, if you’re building an Intel gaming PC with a few bucks to spare and looking for a solid gaming motherboard then the Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming motherboard is one of the best mid-range best motherboard options for you.
- Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming currently priced at $170
- The 7390 plus gaming was the top of its line when it released last year, now serving is a great mid-range board with heavy duty construction and solid functionality for your built.
- You’ll love the motherboards extremely striking design with slick yellow and black patterning across it, plus full RGB lighting control on the multiple LEDs across it. Making your PC build shine.
- You’ll notice that it’s also got a heavy-duty sturdy feel to it, weighing up to three times more than most in its class.
- It’s built with certified military-grade materials with patented tough chokes, to deliver steady power to the CPU for added system stability, and tough capacitors for more temperature tolerance and a longer lifespan.3
- You’ll also find the cooling system is also enhanced by fan expert 4 software, which controls the system fans based on multiple sensors across the board, so your system can stay perfectly cool during extended gaming sessions.
- If you’re using a heavy-duty graphics card then you’ll love the steel armored PCI Express slot which is specially designed to support heavier cards that prevent damage, plus with 2 more PC eyes you can easily add multiple cards for extra power.
FEATURES OF Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
- Works with eighth and ninth Gen Intel Core i 9 2 I 3 processors
- 2 USB 3.1 gen2 ports, 4 USB 3.1 gen2 on ports, 4 dims RAM slots, 8 channel HD audio and 2 end point 2 slots with integrated heat sinks.
PROS OF Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
- Built sturdy and from military-grade materials
- With multiple PCI slots and more this motherboard can handle multiple upgrades to your built
- Intelligent design
- Tough chokers and capacitors increased system stability and lifespan.
CONS OF Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
- The inbuilt Wi-Fi could be better not usually meeting top connection speeds.
If you’re building a mid-range PC and you need a motherboard that can give your Intel CPU great support while also providing a sturdy housing for the rest of your parts, then the Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming is a fantastic choice. this is the best motherboard in this class
3. Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra (Best Motherboard Under $250)
(best motherboard) Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra:- this is our best overall Intel gaming motherboard. if you’re building a souped-up Intel gaming PC and want a gaming motherboard that will give you the support you need for a great build, then the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra is one of the best options for you.
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra currently priced at $245
- The Aorus Ultra can handle some of the latest Intel CPUs and provides effective housing for all the high-end parts to match.
- The first thing that you’ll notice about your AORUS ultra is its style, with gorgeous headers with full RGB treatment, so if you’ve got a case with a viewing window your motherboard will light up in an array of colors that can be customized with RGB fusion.
- If you’re looking for high performance, then you’ll love the advanced thermal design that the AORUS ultra provides, with multi cut heat sinks, while the direct touch heat pipe provides fantastic cooling performance during intense gaming.
- The motherboard also features thermal guards between its three end point 2 SSD slots.
- So if you’re demanding a lot from your high-speed storage the heat is dissipated before it can cause any problems.
- If you’re looking to get a high-end AMD CPU, and you want something AMD compatible that can work with a lot of power, then you’ll to stick around for the asus rog x5 70 crosshair 8 hero coming up next
FEATURES OF Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
- Works with Intel eighth and ninth gen core I 9 – core i3 Celeron and Pentium processors.
- 4 USB 3.1 ports, 2 USB 3.0 ports, 4 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI port, 4 dims Ram slots, ALC 1220 audio and 3m point two slots with thermal guards.
PROS OF Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
- RGB lighting brings this motherboard to, life providing a high-end look to your build.
- Intelligent multi cut heat sinks and direct touch heat pipe allow for efficient cooling.
- With 3m point two slots and dims RAM when utilized well this motherboard allows for an incredibly fast PC
CONS OF Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
- The RGB x’ make this motherboard bulky, not suiting it for smaller cases or builds.
If you’re looking for a motherboard that can handle your Intel CPU and all the parts that support it, then you’ll love the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra with its flashy design, intelligent cooling design, and high-end compatibility.
4. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi (Asus Rog Motherboard)
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi this is a great overclocking Intel gaming motherboard. If you’re building an Intel gaming PC, that can easily handle the Triple A games and looking for a gaming motherboard that will be able to support the temperatures and performance of overclocked parts, then the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi is a great option for you. With its class leading efficiency for overclocked performance
- ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi currently priced at $290 dollars
- The ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi is built with overclocking in mind, plus an assortment of features that allow you to get every ounce of power from your parts.
- You’ll notice it’s a fairly light motherboard weighing only a pound, but every piece still feels well built.
- The rog armor plating with the shroud RGB LED gives the board a sturdy look, and the generous heatsink surrounding the CPU slot, provide a sleek style while staying practical.
- You’ll find the heat sinks come with a myriad of cooling features, like the water flow header built into the board, that controls pump speed for water cooling, and heat spreaders surrounding the endpoint – SSD slots.
- The major frequencies are all derived from the same reference clock, so you’ll appreciate how it allows your PC the flexibility needed to harness the full potential of your CPU.
- And with a dedicated onboard clock generator, you’ll get more megahertz of performance without hitching.
- There are even added shielding zones across the board that reduce crosstalk, for further enhanced overclocking Headroom, so you can enjoy the power without concern
FEATURES OF ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
- Works with eighth and ninth gen Intel Core I 9 – I3 processors.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 3 USB 2.0 ports, 4 DDR4 ram slots supreme FX audio and two end point two slots with heat spreaders.
PROS OF ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
- Water flow controls and insane amounts of inbuilt heat management
- Dedicated onboard clock generator and locked reference major bus frequencies
- Five-way optimization software, for fine-tune performance direct from Asus.
CONS OF ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
- This is an Overclocking board and doesn’t perform above average during regular use.
If you’re building a heavy-duty gaming rig, and you want a motherboard that can handle the heat and strain of all parts firing at their limits, then the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi is the card for you, with a design that makes overclocking easy giving you great gaming performance.
5. Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Best x570 motherboard)
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero this is our best high-end gaming AMD motherboard. If you’re building a high-end AMD gaming rig, and you need a motherboard that will provide a fantastic base for your build, then the Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero is one of the best options for you.
- Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero currently priced at $420
- The hero provides a myriad of great features for your high-end build, with fantastic compatibility and high-speed connections.
- You’ll find the hero is built solid, with sturdy brushed finished aluminum and vivid LEDs for a sleek modern look.
- The rear i/o has an incredible 12 USB ports, making the most out of the size of the board, and the added heat sinks to each endpoint to slot make for a cooling efficient build.
- If you’re planning on using a lot of processing power regularly, then you’ll appreciate the four DIMM ram slots, which can take up to an impressive 128 gigabytes of ddr4 ram so you can game, record and render projects while multitasking, to take full advantage of the AMD rise in CPUs insane thread counts.
- If you’re planning on running hyper intensive games on their max settings, then you’ll also be happy to know that the motherboard features reinforcements on its GPU slots, for heavier GPUs like the Nvidia Titans, so you can use multiple graphics cards for maximum graphics potential.
- The motherboard also features an onboard power and reset button, allowing you to cycle the BIOS for fast efficient resets to make changes.
FEATURES OF Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
- Works with AMD rise in series two thousand and three thousand processors.
- 8 USB 3.2 gen 2 ports, 4 USB 3.2 gen 1 ports, 4 dims ram slots, supreme FX audio, and 2M point 2 slots with dedicated heat sinks.
PROS OF Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
- 12 USB ports on the rear allow for more connectivity than most other motherboards
- Heavy duty
- Can handle multiple high-end GPUs for incredible graphics performance
- Can house up to 128 gigabytes of RAM for insane multitasking and processing speed
CONS OF Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
- Video output
- Lacks any direct video ports so you’ll need a discreet video card.
If you’re looking for an AMD compatible motherboard that can handle the sheer power that a high-end gaming rig can pump out, then the Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero is a fantastic choice, with a heavy duty build that can handle the most intensive parts on the market.